Sunday, September 03, 2006

echos of ebay




Yeah, there I was on ebay in a last minute bidding war over an entire bag of Berroco – echo. I cast the winning bid of $16. A few days later I excitedly open the box. It’s wasn't copper and cream color as it looked in the pics but terracotta and gray. Euhck! Further inspection shows its two balls short of a full bag. Ok. . . go ahead and insert what jokes you like. I kept a straight face while writing the email explaining the two missing balls. The woman responding did not. After exchanging a hilarious escalating volley of emails about missing balls I was refunded a more than fair amount and I kept the yarn. It sat in my stash for almost a year before I decided I'd experiment in changing the color-way to one more of my liking. I first bleached the yarn. The second experiment was a short turquoise bath. I experiment with other colors as time permits. Suggestions anyone? ? ?



. . . . . . and I never ever again bid on yarn where I didn't also check out online color cards!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home