Saturday, September 09, 2006

Missing my Grandma


I am working on this project for my daughter using a pair of size 4 needles that I recently inherited from my Grandma. She started teaching me to knit when I was 5 years old. She and I used to make these wacky kitchen towels with knitted holders which you could loop around door pulls etc. as presents. It seemed that everyone had one or two of those kitchen towels that she knitted. Besides all her knitting gear I also inherited all those towels I made as a child (including my first skirt which I made at 8). An inspiration to everyone around her she lived to be 95. In her stash I found a pink and fluffy soft ball of yarn which I'll be making into a scarf as a x-mas present for my niece Natasha (Barbie crazy and in love with pink). I found a blue sweater which she didn't get to finish. This once done will go to my Mom for her birthday as my Grandma originally intended. Thank you Grandma!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home