Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Wow

The most amazing thing just happened. I just came across "the picture" on ebay for a sweater my grandmother made many, many years ago. (Which I just found out is from a circa 1960’s pattern book) I have the un-blocked and un-seamed pieces.

My grandmother started making it for my Mom and was just unable to finish it due to ill health. It sat as a UFO for at least 8 years if not more. When I inherited it I didn’t have the pattern book nor did I have any idea of what the finished sweater should look like. The neckline kept tripping me up as was a bit unusual. I messed around with it a few times but no matter what, it didn’t look right. My grandmother passed away at the grand age of 95 this past summer. I wanted to finish the sweater and give it to my Mother as a very special present from both my Grandmother and her daughter this Christmas. We've been feeling the loss of my Grandmother quite a bit. This is our first Christmas without her.

When I came across the pic on ebay it gave me pause for a moment as I realized this was the pattern book for the sweater. O My Gosh! So that’s what it is suppose to look like. Just in time for me to finish it! Oh HAPPY DAY!!!

HAPPY, HAPPY DAY!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home