Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A new box of crayons

It's time for SP10. I love the anticipation of spoiler and spoilee. OH Yeah!

What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I don’t have a favorite yarn. It depends on what I’m knitting. I love interesting colors and color stories mixed together. So I’ve yearnings towards Louisa Harding, etc. as well as one of a kind handmade yarn. There are so many fantastic fibers out there it’s impossible to choose. I’ve wanted to knit something in Hemp. I *dislike* acrylic.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I store my straight needles in large containers. My circulars are draped around an old antique tin. My DP’s are in plastic bags.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
My grandmother taught me to knit when I was 5. It took me a few more years until I could figure out how to put things together. I’ve been knitting on and off for 30 + years. I would consider myself a beginner in some techniques (lace making) in other techniques I’m intermediate or advanced.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Amazon - via my email address.

5. What's your favorite scent? (For candles, bath products, etc.)
It used to be lemon Verbena but it’s gone more towards fruity lately. Vanilla though a bit over done is kickass when done right. Spicy/amber scents are lovely too, tropical like coconut and Guava. I don’t like “old lady floral”.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Do I ever - I love baked goods. Chocolate covered gummy bears, heck any type of gummys are yummy, as is any type of chocolate. I’ve recently gained quite a few pounds so I’m avoiding sweet stuff. So any sweets from my SP will be my only indulgence. I won't be shy in saying **Please make them good ones**

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I’m just now learning to spin. I love most everything textile. I also like making jewelery – I have oddly enough not gotten into quilting though.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (If your buddy wants to make you a CD) Yes, I can play MP3’s. Check out my online play list at Pandora.com for some ideas. I like a wide variety of music. I like most music excepting country music and rap. I don’t listen to hard or "classic" rock either.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like most colors except neon shades, orange and those burnt colorsfrom the 70's. I don’t have any one favorite color. Again it depends what for. For my own personal uses I like greens, purples, turquoise, pinks, reds, some browns, and black For my home it’s more eclectic. I lean towards Kaffe Fassett sensibilities.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a significant other and a 19 year old daughter. I have a dog - Smoo, and three house rabbits.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, I’m a scarf whore – I knit them almost to the point of obsessiveness. I’ve been known to give them away spur of the moment as an excuse to knit more. I’ve only recently moved to a place where it’s cold enough to need mittens & hats. Hats are fantastic, knit and sew many of them. I haven’t knit any ponchos. Each year I think they are going to go out of style so I’ve never dedicated stash or cash toward buying or making one.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Aside from scarves – I love to knit for my daughter, family and friends. Right now I’m working out a pattern for a sleeping mask in Munch Touch Me. I have two types of projects – brainless for those times I just want to meditate and those that require more attention but well worth the effort.

13. What are you knitting right now? Some more scarves, a little vesty thing from knit one mag, & Koigu gloves

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes - I’m a very enthusiastic recipient.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I like both circular and straignt needles depends on the project. I like plastic or natural wood/bamboo needles esp Britttany.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
My oldest UFO’s a needlepoint project that I started in 1985. It’s still not finished – lost the yarn and still look at it and think someday. . . .as it’s mostly done. In knitting my oldest UFO is three years old - a scarf that I’ve frogged about 9 or 10 times. I recently pulled it out again and it’s sitting on my coffee table staring me down daring me to try again.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
It’s a toss up between Halloween, Easter and Christmas. I really enjoy getting into the spirit of these holidays and decorate copiously. During the worst year of Christmas décor debauchery a friend said “Oh No, Look - Santa barfed”. If I had to pick a favorite it would be Easter.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yep - tiki mugs, ceramic swan vases and planters, lady bugs, and those little mini state plates. Oh yeah I almost forgot **yarn** beads and fabric

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? Yes the Madil-Perrot M026 pattern. Louisa Harding Gathering Roses Accessories Ptn bk. I’ve been wanting old knitting stitchionarys and old pattern books esp from the 1940’s. The design sensibility from that era is fabulous. I've been wanting short straight wood needles.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I'd like to try machine knitting, spinning, yarn and roving dyeing, lace knitting, I'd like to get better at crochet.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes - I am a sock knitter. Foot is a size 8 and 9.25” long.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) December 20th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home