Thursday, March 08, 2007

Plastic vs metal vs wood

I recently bought some new needles the imatation balene kind. I love the tips on these babies. Sharp with a cool indent right at the tip. They are light weight and flexible. I also have bamboo and some birch ones from Brittany. I have a huge collection of needles from family that are mostly metal. In the mix are some plastic ones but they are so brittle that after the first one broke I knew they rest would follow. I discoved this past winter that using any of the metal needles would make my hands ache. I tried the addie turbos circs both large and small. I don't know. . . . I like the needles but I found the cables a bit springy and difficult to use for two socks on two needles. I spent about $50 on two pairs of size 2 circs and won't ever use them again. An expensive lesson especially since after about the 12th row I moved to different needles. Joanns is having a huge sale with 30% off all knitting items so I need to decide to move over and get bamboo or try some more of the balene? ??? ? Perhaps ebay may provide some sets and I have both. . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home