Sunday, May 06, 2007

A true story. . . .

My daughter and I had been traveling all night. We arrived at the hotel mid afternoon. Weary we thought to take a short walk going to the nearby bookstore to relax and shake off the day. I was still in my travel clothes. Conservative attire - a leftover from days of biz travel. I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast the day before. My belly was a bit grumbly. Odd??? I hadn't had anything to eat since breakfast the day before. I had a little bit of gas so off to the restroom I went. I intended to get it out of my system quickly fart and go. Alas what started as a small biff exploded and . . . . . went on and on , and on. . . and on. . . and LOUDLY on and on and on. . . on and on!

Ginormusventusexpandusmaximus

Can farts be supernatural? The thought came to mind "Evil spirits begone". Unfortunately it took much longer to end than it took to get started. I quickly checked if I was alone, thankfully I was. Sighing with relief I left. EVERYONE in the seating area just outside and the 3 isles surrounding had a stare directed at me. Sunday afternoon at a popular bookstore the place was packed. Obviously the sound much like a sonic boom had carried. There I was "Um. . . err. . ." with nothing to say. Their look seemed to demand something. In response I stood more upright, straightened my suit coat as if to say "Yeah! You know it, top THAT one" and walked away. I'm not sure if this was the response they hoped, but then you might ask yourself "What would I have done? My family laughed as I told the story and they repeated it to other family members. Since then we've a special name for body functions which sneak out at the worst time. We call them a "Barnes and Noble".

1 Comments:

Blogger Romelda said...

Oh my gosh, we have all laughed and laughed. I am going to Barnes and Noble today. What do you want to bet I start laughing as I walk inside. Everone will think I have gone looney!!

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home